Rewiring 3 Rooms - Electrical - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-01-2011, 07:15 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Rewiring 3 rooms

I am rewiring my 3 upstairs rooms..each have 2 recepticles and 1 fixture. I am going to run off one breaker as this isnt much(one recepticle in each room is on another breaker). I am going to run the wire to a junction box in the attic and wire each room from there (as i have already cleared the insulation from the attic to remove the old knob and tube). The junction box must be accessible so where do i put it in my attic since i have blown insulation cover everything but the rafters? Do I put a 2x4 in to mount the box to or just put it on the floor of the attic like it was. I am putting a new one in as my house was build in the late 30's and the junction box looks like its been there for at least 30 yrs, whenever they updated the wiring if you call it that. i would have pics but cant figure out how to put them on here. If someone can help thank you.

Advertisement

Todashadm76 is offline   Reply With Quote