DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Electrical (
-   -   Replacing fluorescent fixture (

Yod12 09-03-2012 12:29 AM

Replacing fluorescent fixture
1 Attachment(s)
I have two, four foot T12 light strips (fixtures). I've been slowly learning how to replace these. I got new ones, but can't figure out how to get the hard plastic grommet for the feed wires going into the existing strip. The thing is very ridgid. Attached is a jpg. OK, it's not gonna win a photography award. Also got a small aluminum clip or sumpthin in a small platic bag next to the ballast. No idea what that's for. Any help appreciated.

joecaption 09-03-2012 12:46 AM

Just grip the wide side if it with a pair of plyer so it compresses it and pull.

Yod12 09-03-2012 01:24 PM

Re: Replace fluorescent fixture
Thanks! I'm not sure what to do about the ground wire. It's cut real short and crimped in the existing strip. New strip needs longer ground wire. Is it really necessary in A/C setup?
Still trying to figure out what the little aluminum thing is - looks like some kinda clip.

jbfan 09-03-2012 03:52 PM

The bag is probably the clip that holds the cover on.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:11 PM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1