Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-30-2011, 01:46 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

replacing ceiling fan light switch

I have a ceiling fan with separate switches for the fan and the light. The fan is fine-or was before I tried to replace that light switch. I removed the old switch and connected it exactly as it was. The exception being that the previous switch was connected to the light socket at the factory. I had to use a different mounting bracket to connect to the housing. I connected the wires and the bracket to the same screws. Now neither the fan or the light work. Did connecting the bracket to the same screws as the light wires mess this up? There are only 2 wires that come from the housing. One white and one blue. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by bluesdawg; 01-31-2011 at 01:09 PM. Reason: repost
bluesdawg is offline   Reply With Quote