Replacing 1 Light With 3 New Pot Lights - Electrical - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-20-2011, 09:13 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Lightbulb

Replacing 1 light with 3 new pot lights

Okay, I'm having a few issues with a small home project here. The developer of the building I live in has placed a rather bright halogen spotlight right over the TV area in the living room. To replace it, I purchased a set of smaller potlights with the idea of making a group of three lights, with the lights being connected to one another in series, then the third light connecting to the existing wiring from the switch.

This leaves me with a bit of an issue - to be up to code, either I'd need to use a Tyco romex connector, cover the junction box, or pull new nm directly to the new fixture using the old cable as a guide. I'd prefer the third solution, but I don't know if the wire is loose enough to be pulled through considering it's stapled down. I don't have access to the ceiling through an attic, and I'd really rather try to avoid doing any drywall work. Ideas?

Advertisement

tgmsfu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nec , pot lights , rewiring