Replacement Of Service Panel - Electrical - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical


Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2013, 06:55 PM   #1
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1
Rewards Points: 10

Replacement of service panel

I have a 87 fleetwood mobile home with a 100 amp service with Crouse Hinds circuit breakers. I would like to replace the entire panel with something more available and easier to find. Do you have any suggestions. My name is Mike at


Cherokee man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:06 PM   #2
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 164
Rewards Points: 150

homline panels by square D they are readily available at all box stores


usair is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to usair For This Useful Post:
clashley (05-12-2013)
Old 05-12-2013, 08:33 PM   #3
mm11's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 428
Rewards Points: 622

I like Square D panels also, but I would go with QO instead of Homline. It's only slightly more expensive, but the breakers have a bright orange trip indicator. Takes all the guesswork of figuring out what circuit tripped. Very easy to find at any big box store.

mm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:28 PM   #4
" Euro " electrician
frenchelectrican's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: WI & France { in France for now }
Posts: 5,369
Rewards Points: 2,000

SqD products like HOMEline or QO is good and the other items I like to use is CutterHammer CH series ( 3/4 inch breakers ) or BR series (1 inch breakers ) both are aviable in big box store without issue.

I know you mention mobile home so you will have to go couple step further.

A ) you will have to get ground bussbar due some of the panels will not have them so get them they are useally about 10 Euros ( Dollars ) or so

B) Make sure you have 4 conductor cable or in conduit from the meter pedestal if not you will have to replace that to meet the codes.

The 24 space panel is common but you can get big as 30 space panel for little more cost but you will have more room to install the breakers.

GE panels that something I don't useally speak very much about them I know they can be good but the half inch breakers it can get ya by suprise if not watching out the 240 volt circuits if used on them ( if you do get the GE panel let us know there is a extra item I will mention in little bit if you request it.)

If you have alum main conductor make sure you get small bottle of Noxy ( sometime called monkey goop or other names ) that will prevent the alum conductor get oxyiated.

The answer will be based on NEC ( National Electrical code ) or CEC ( Cananda Electrical code ) or ECF ( Electrique Code France )
frenchelectrican is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Questions regarding 100amp service and panel upgrade asledge Electrical 38 12-12-2012 11:57 PM
Sub Panel Install from 100 amp service neill Electrical 18 02-13-2012 08:33 PM
Mobile Home Electrical Panel Replacement rrolleston Electrical 2 01-28-2012 05:27 PM
200 amp panel w/100 amp service PirateKatz Electrical 8 12-26-2009 03:42 PM
I need help with my service panel DIYScott Electrical 5 09-18-2007 02:07 AM

Top of Page | View New Posts


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1