removing uv lighting and adding track light
Hi, I have a fluorescent light I'd like to remove and add a tracklight.
Luckily it's in the basement with an unfinished ceiling.
here's the circuit map as is now:
1. breaker to fluorescent light.... connections inside
2. fluorescent light to switch at the top of the stairs
3. switch to the light in the stairwell. This terminates the circuit.
The wiring is all 14/2
I'd like to replace the the fluorescent light with a track light, but I'm not sure how to continue the circuit to the switch in the stairwell.
Is it safe to...
1. bring the cable from the breaker to the junction box.
2. connect the black wire with the black wire on the light AND the black wire leaving the box to the switch in the stairwell using a marette.
3. connect the white wire with the white wire on the light AND the white wire leaving the box to the switch in the stairwell using a marette
4. connecting a 6 inch bare 14 gauge wire to the box ground screw, then using a marette, connecting it with the ground wire from the cable entering the box as well as the one leaving and also the ground wire from the light.
Will this work and is it safe?
All these lights are properly functioning now?
What controls the existing fluorescent light?
Something is amiss ....
If there is already a light installed, why are you talking about running new wire?
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:47 PM.|
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.