Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-09-2009, 12:27 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Recessed Lighting For Basement (low ceiling)

I am looking for some advise for installing receased lights in my basement. The basement dimensions are Length - 38ft Width - 12ft Height - 7ft I have a fairly low drop/suspended ceiling with no insulation in it so I beleive I'm good for non IC housing. I'm looking for low heat emitting lights CFL's would be ideal but I'm having a hard time locating a kit that has everything in them like those halogen kits that homedepot sells. Can anyone help with the configuration + which cans/housing to buy?

landscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:39 PM   #2
IBEW#363 I am a Rat

Send a message via AIM to thekoolcody

Quote:
Originally Posted by landscape View Post
I am looking for some advise for installing receased lights in my basement. The basement dimensions are Length - 38ft Width - 12ft Height - 7ft I have a fairly low drop/suspended ceiling with no insulation in it so I beleive I'm good for non IC housing. I'm looking for low heat emitting lights CFL's would be ideal but I'm having a hard time locating a kit that has everything in them like those halogen kits that homedepot sells. Can anyone help with the configuration + which cans/housing to buy?
Loews has exactly what you are asking for, there kits I have not had a problem with. there worth the few extra bucks.

thekoolcody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:52 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply do they have the product listed on their website? I checked but I didn't see a lighting section. Would you be able to provide me with a direct link to the product so I know what I'm looking for when I head down there
landscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 03:25 PM   #4
IBEW#363 I am a Rat

Send a message via AIM to thekoolcody

Quote:
Originally Posted by landscape View Post
Thanks for the reply do they have the product listed on their website? I checked but I didn't see a lighting section. Would you be able to provide me with a direct link to the product so I know what I'm looking for when I head down there
mhm. I am looking on there site right now, and i cant find it either, but i know they have it, i have bought it from them before.
thekoolcody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 03:57 PM   #5

I bought 4" cans that came with 13w CFL's
Big box stores do not list everything on their web-sites
Scuba_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote