Originally Posted by Jim Port
It might help to know the connections you made.
Here's the switch. There are three cables in there. One isn't getting power, so I capped it off and will deal with it later.
The other old cable is the live one. The white one is the one going to the fixtures.
White wire has a ground which was attached to switch.
I've connected the neutral wires together. I've got a black from each useful cable on each terminal of the switch. Both show power from my tester, along with the neutrals and the ground.
Then, once the white wire goes from switch to the second fixture in the drawing from my first post, I used the Halo easy connectors to connect the fixtures as shown.
I am guessing the problem is that I've basically got two branches going with the recessed lights the way I connected them. I may crawl into the attic in a minute and change the wiring up to see if that's the issue. It was too hot earlier to get back up there.