DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Recess in Hallway

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  chris75 
#1 ·
Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me with my recess light question.

Below is my Hallway with a coat closet + bathroom entry. I'm thinking of installing one recessed light there. That current light fixture is boring me. That Hallway is technically over 12ft long total, but the "actual enclosed" hallway part which includes the closet+bathroom entry is about 7 feet long while still maintaining two walls and a ceiling. The rest of that hallway actually opens up greatly, as one of the walls expands and the ceiling goes up to over 20 feet high.

I was thinking one recess light there would look nice. So, I was wondering should I go with a 5'' or 6'' recessed light? And what trim would do better in that location? Reflector? or plain plastic trim? Heck, is that even a good place to put recessed?

I'm going to be doing this with a halo IC. I read about what materials I would need and I already know how to install a dimmer. Also if you have anything extra to add it would be appreciated. How well this one recessed light goes, would greatly determine if I put a series of recessed lights upstairs in my 24ft hallway

thanks

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.