Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-30-2012, 11:16 AM   #1

Share |

Questions on wiring compressor

Hello,I am looking to buy a Quincy air comp. 1 ph 230 v. The pole barn has a 3 prong outlet for the large compressor my Dad installed before He passed away-220v. I have been told I need to hard wire the Quincy,and that a licensed electrician needs to do it ,or insurance coverage is voided. Any electricians who can give me just an idea of the cost to do this? Thanks.

Rmankty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:24 AM   #2
E2 Electrician

Questions on wiring compressor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmankty View Post
Hello,I am looking to buy a Quincy air comp. 1 ph 230 v. The pole barn has a 3 prong outlet for the large compressor my Dad installed before He passed away-220v. I have been told I need to hard wire the Quincy,and that a licensed electrician needs to do it ,or insurance coverage is voided. Any electricians who can give me just an idea of the cost to do this? Thanks.
First off, you can do your own wiring as long as it's your residence and permits are pulled...

Second, what is the HP of the Quincy air compressor, and what electrical is existing at the pole barn now? (Im talking wire size, sub-panel, etc...)

Take some pics if you are unsure of what to post, the nameplate on the compressor, and pic of existing electrical at pole barn.

stickboy1375 is offline   Reply With Quote