Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-22-2011, 11:09 PM   #1

Share |
Question

Puzzling project...one switch, three separate lights

So I'm helping a friend with a project involving music timed to lights she wants to be able to control from one switch (to complicate things, preferably a foot pedal/switch). The idea is one foot-controlled switch will toggle from one light to another (a total of three). In a perfect world, she'd be able to choose which light comes on next, but I think she has accepted that the lights go on and off in the same order (as in #1 on, then #1 off and #2 on, then #2 off and #3 on, then back to the beginning).

From doing some reading I thought perhaps a single pole rotary switch would take care of it and I found one that has a 6amp max which should be fine for three light bulbs. I don't know if I am allowed to post a link to the product page, but it is about $9...still, turning this rotary switch (if it's even correct) to a foot pedal, confuses me. http://parts.digikey.com/1/parts/973...pos-hs13z.html

Am I missing something much easier? We're looking for a mechanical, simple solution, no chips or other things like that. Thanks very much in advance!

bugmenot is offline   Reply With Quote