Pull Elbow Behind Drywall? - Electrical - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-28-2011, 12:40 PM   #1
I ask the impossible!

Rewards Points: 508

Pull elbow behind drywall?

I know junction boxes must be accessible... does this apply to pull elbows in conduit?

I need to run from a junction box at the floor to my service panel, but the junction box is too offset for a straight run and too close to use long radius elbows... This is a 1-1/4" conduit run. A pull elbow would work just right, but it is in an area that would be enclosed...

Unless it is counted as being accessible if I use a panel which can be unscrewed for covering it?

At this point I guess I'm asking because I'm curious but I'm going to go up in size to 1-1/2" PVC so I can use a straight tube I already have and get the elbows with funds from returning the EMT pipe and fittings. Funds are cut off so buying more EMT is out.

Advertisement

Please do NOT consider any "before" picture of my house as any kind of endorsement of any particular construction method. In fact, you should probably assume that if I post a "before" picture, I am posting it because I am soliciting advice on a proper replacement for one of MANY things done wrong by a previous owner.

Last edited by WillK; 05-28-2011 at 12:57 PM.
WillK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 12:43 PM   #2
Sparky

Rewards Points: 504

access panel would be required

Advertisement

Techy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 01:34 PM   #3
A "Handy Husband"

Rewards Points: 2,392

Was at Home Depot the other day and they have a plastic access panel that is about 4" by 6", perfect for you application. They were at the water heater accessory area.