DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Electrical (
-   -   Pull elbow behind drywall? (

WillK 05-28-2011 11:40 AM

Pull elbow behind drywall?
I know junction boxes must be accessible... does this apply to pull elbows in conduit?

I need to run from a junction box at the floor to my service panel, but the junction box is too offset for a straight run and too close to use long radius elbows... This is a 1-1/4" conduit run. A pull elbow would work just right, but it is in an area that would be enclosed...

Unless it is counted as being accessible if I use a panel which can be unscrewed for covering it?

At this point I guess I'm asking because I'm curious but I'm going to go up in size to 1-1/2" PVC so I can use a straight tube I already have and get the elbows with funds from returning the EMT pipe and fittings. Funds are cut off so buying more EMT is out.

Techy 05-28-2011 11:43 AM

access panel would be required

rjniles 05-28-2011 12:34 PM

Was at Home Depot the other day and they have a plastic access panel that is about 4" by 6", perfect for you application. They were at the water heater accessory area.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:54 AM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1