Proper way to leave unused wire in wall
I am renovating my dining room, and in the process, found some questionable wiring in place, but not wiring to the dining room, but the 2 room above it. I hit the breaker, and removed what I could get to, but some of what is left is behind plaster. I am not done pulling all of the outlets out to look at
What is the proper, code compiant way to end this DEAD wire. None of it will be live, as I will be running new wire up from the breaker. I am hoping to get it all out when I fish the new wire, but am not overly confident in that. Ther used staples sparingly, but not enough that I can just tug it out.
Does it need to end in a box the same as a live wire ending? Just tape and mark it dead?