Yeah, I agree it's a mess, but I've got plans to tidy it up a bit in a couple weeks. I eliminated the 2 tandems, which were never really necessary, and two of the cables running into the box will disappear. I had 20A service running to each sump pump (3 total), which was not necessary, so I consolidated two sump pumps on one breaker and the other one on the other. One of the reasons why I left the sheathing on the cables was because I didn't like the idea of running ground wires real close to the exposed top hot bus bar, but in cases where I feel uncomfortable leaving them exposed, I'll connect the grounds to insulated wires and run that to the ground bar and eliminate the excess sheathing. Remember, I installed this box 2 years ago when I was still exceptionally nervous about dealing with electricity. Since then, I've learned a lot, and believe me, this messy subpanel is still 10x better than the electrical service we used to have (fuses, cloth wiring, sparking outlets, etc...).