Problem Dishwasher - Electrical - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-21-2010, 01:59 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Problem dishwasher

I got a used dishwasher off of craigslist well I get home and start installing it and it doesn't have a ground wire.. I have a cable coming from somewhere behind the wall that my old dishwasher was connected to. It has black, white and copper wire in it. But the new dishwasher only has black and white in the little box? What do I do?

Advertisement

usmcWifeyDIYer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 07:07 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

Problem dishwasher

There is a green screw on the DW junction box, that is chassis ground, and where the bare conductor of your cable gets connected..

Advertisement

Just Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 07:51 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Problem dishwasher

If you can't find the screw there should be a screw hole that will accept a green grounding screw. It may be that whoever owned this before you did not bother to connect the ground (which is dangerous as well as a code violation). If you can't find either the screw or the screw hole try looking for the owners manual online. It should tell you where it is. Do not install this without connecting the ground.
SleepyDog is offline   Reply With Quote