I have a bank of 8 potlights with 65 w floods....is it possible for these to dim over time?....I dont know if my eyes are going but the bank is dimmer then it used to be....there is no flickering or blowing breakers and no work has been done I feel no overheat at switch....wife also has noticed this i guess...I dont have any higher watts to try so what do you guys think?
Are they on a dimmer switch? What kind of bulbs are they? Incandescent, CFL or LED? Are your potlights wired using 14 or 12 guage wire? Are they on their own breaker or did they get tapped into another circuit; say a refrigerator or washer and dryer or microwave or furnace or..........? Have you measured the voltage at the breaker for your potlights and at the main breakers for the panel? Add the wattages 8 x 65w = 520w. That's not a big load by itself, but if it is combined with other appliances you could be overloading a circuit quickly.