DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Please help find T8 4 foot fixture model

818 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Drywallhelp 
#1 ·
I have 2 of these in my garage and want to add a third. They are about 10 years old and I can't find what model it is. I took them apart and looked and I didn't really get any clues. They have models that are close, but I'm looking for an exact match. Please see this photo attached and let me know if you guys know where to get a matching one.

Thanks!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
You are never going to find that exact same model after ten years. You can check with the local Electrical Warehouse, or a lighting shop. You will pay more with either of those.

No one is going to see the top edge of the fixture anyways. Just add some more 4' or 8' 4 bulb fixtures if needing more light.

Also if you do any kind of detail type work. You may want to add lights on the walls, about five feet up to keep shadows down.

#3 ·
Thanks, I kind of figured it would be a tough task. I'm trying to add a fixture inbetween 2 existing ones and keep it uniform. Maybe I'll go different on purpose and do a 4 t8 bulb install between them. I would add them further away instead of between them, but when the garage doors are up they would be blocked.

#4 ·
New idea: I'm going to move my fixture from the laundry room into the garage and they will all match. There is only 1 in the laundry so I can get a new one that won't look mismatched.

Do you guys have experience with an LED panel light? That would be nice to recess into my drywall ceiling. 4' x 1' would be cool. Recommendations would be great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.