The Phantom light switch
After tearing down the wallpaper in the living room of my new house, I discovered a phantom light switch. (Switchplate was clear plastic with slip of wallpaper, so didn't see it until removed the paper). Nothing happened when I turned it on, and upon investigation, it's not hooked up. I have two theories - it's either for a switched outlet, or more likely, for the blower below the fireplace. Problem is, inside the box is 3 pigtailed white wires, and 3 pigtailed black wires. They can't all be for the blower, can they? The other fireplace has a blower, but that switchbox only had one white and one black. How do I proceed?