The Phantom light switch
After tearing down the wallpaper in the living room of my new house, I discovered a phantom light switch. (Switchplate was clear plastic with slip of wallpaper, so didn't see it until removed the paper). Nothing happened when I turned it on, and upon investigation, it's not hooked up. I have two theories - it's either for a switched outlet, or more likely, for the blower below the fireplace. Problem is, inside the box is 3 pigtailed white wires, and 3 pigtailed black wires. They can't all be for the blower, can they? The other fireplace has a blower, but that switchbox only had one white and one black. How do I proceed?
My guess would be a hot feed into the switch, a hot feed to another device, and a switch feed to something.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:25 PM.|
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.