Part Of A Ceiling Fan Light Fixture Needs Help...please - Electrical - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-16-2007, 10:41 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Question

Part of a ceiling fan light fixture needs help...please

HI! I noticed other threads about ceiling fan/light fixtures but couldn't find anything that fixed my problem. Here's my ordeal. I have a ceiling fan with a light fixture in my room. There is nothing wrong with the fan. The light fixture portion has three sockets for three light bulbs. One of the lights works fine. The second light only works if the light bulb is pushed to a certain angle but usually flickers and then turns off eventually. The final light doesn't work at all. I was wondering if the light fixture is still salvageable or if I should just get a new one. Thanks for any help you may be able to give!

Advertisement

g5729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 07:22 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 500

Part of a ceiling fan light fixture needs help...please

First check the dumb things. Try new bulbs. Next Pull on the light chain. Sometimes the light chain has several settngs.

If that doesnt work. Turn power off to the fan/light At The Breaker Panel. Take a small screw driver. Up inside the light socket is a center pin. It will be attached on one side. Gentley pull up on the side that is not attached. Bend it up about 1/8 to 1/4 inche max. Re-install the bulbs and see if that fixes the problem.

If no the pull chain switch could be bad. Post back and we can talk about how to test it.

Advertisement