Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical


Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-07-2009, 11:12 AM   #1
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 111
Rewards Points: 79

Other Options For Recessed Lighting Bulbs

I was thinking of replacing my recessed lighting bulbs with the newer cfl type bulbs that are supposedly longer lasting and use less energy. I currently have 65w, 120v, flood type bulbs in the lighting. Is there a compatible type of the newer type bulbs I can use? This is for a living room and I have 5 of the recessed lights which are on dimmers. I do know that typical cfl's won't work with dimmers but I was just browsing HD's site and I see they have something that sounds like its made for a dimmer.

Last edited by jte1130; 11-07-2009 at 11:24 AM.
jte1130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 11:57 AM   #2
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South of Boston, MA
Posts: 17,248
Rewards Points: 2,000

Other Options For Recessed Lighting Bulbs

There are dimmable CFL bulbs, they will be labeled as such
Results may vary depending upon the dimmer you have

Scuba_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why use halogen lights instead of regular bulbs for outdoor lighting? darsunt Electrical 6 10-13-2009 10:58 PM
Recessed lighting options snake2k Electrical 3 01-29-2009 07:35 PM
LED Bayonet Bulbs? Minok Landscaping & Lawn Care 1 12-10-2008 11:38 AM
double-ended halogen fixture bulbs stop working watt-ever-ny Electrical 6 11-20-2007 06:25 PM

Top of Page | View New Posts

Copyright © 2003-2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.