Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-27-2012, 06:50 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

NuTone QTN110LE Wiring

I replace an old light with this NuTone QTN110LE. I got the fan working, but not the light. I have a single 14-2 supply coming into the wall, and I got two separate switches to control the fan and light (the night light will be capped off). I have the supply Black tied to the bottom of both switches. Going up to the fan, I ran a 14-3 line, so I have the Black tied to the top of the fan switch and the Red to the top of the light switch. Can you tell me what I missed, getting the light to work?

deminiek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:58 PM   #2
" Euro " electrician

Rewards Points: 2,000

NuTone QTN110LE Wiring

Did you use the correct conductor from the light plug ? if not try move one plug to other to see if that work if not you will have to open up the junction point I know it will be very tight to work on it so be extra carefull with wirenuts.

Merci,
Marc

Old 12-27-2012, 11:27 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 75

NuTone QTN110LE Wiring

Quote:
Originally Posted by deminiek
I replace an old light with this NuTone QTN110LE. I got the fan working, but not the light. I have a single 14-2 supply coming into the wall, and I got two separate switches to control the fan and light (the night light will be capped off). I have the supply Black tied to the bottom of both switches. Going up to the fan, I ran a 14-3 line, so I have the Black tied to the top of the fan switch and the Red to the top of the light switch. Can you tell me what I missed, getting the light to work?
So you have the fan wired as follows:

red to fan blue (light)
black to fan black (fan)
fan red capped (night light)
white to fan white (neutral)

As Marc suggested try swapping your red and black at your switches to see if your fan no longer works but the light now works. Also I assume you have the neutrals tied together in the switch box.
clydesdale is offline   Reply With Quote