DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

No sound from speakers on rear projection tv

7K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  gregzoll 
#1 ·
i have a rear projection tv about 55". last night i was watching a DVD through the AUX jack (sound worked just fine) this morning i woke up and i had picture BUT no sound. what i tried so far was...
-disconnected cable box and ran cable from TV to outlet (no sound)
-switched to AUX mode to play DVD (no sound)
-checked sound settings to make sure it was on STEREO not mono (no sound)
-made sure it was NOT on Dolby (no sound)
FINALLY- hooked AUX cable (red & white) from TV to home stereo (no sound)
IT SEEMS LIKE I TRIED EVERYTHING I JUST NEED TO SEE WHAT IM MISSING..ANY HELP WOULD BE THE BEST!!!

#3 ·
Will it allow you to increase the volume with the remote?

(My TV has a setting that if you send sound through the back plugs, it turns off the sound totally on the built in speakers. And you can't raise the volume on the TV.)

Other than that, go through every audio menu item and see if anything works.

I have these problems when my dog steps on the remote! I have no idea what she presses, but I spend forever trying to get things working again. I've learned to turn the remote upside down... :)

#4 ·
It may be out of your experience, but.....

Same thing happened with an old tv I had. When the RCA cables or headphone cable was plugged in, the built in speakers went off, and I would hear a click. One day it stopped, and it was all silent. Turned out to be the sound relay switch the finally fried/broke. $2 part at RadioShack, and I soldered a new one on! Works fine to this day.

But, this is from a person that repairs, collects, and refurbs audio equipment, so I kinda know what to look for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.