Hi - first post, first (significant) DIY job...
Replaced an old DW with a new Maytag MDB8859AWS (specs here
- DW specs here
- No power (old DW worked just fine)
- DW on same circuit as garbage disposal which plugs in at a 110v outlet
- DW Hardwired
- Breaker not tripped (turned off and on just in case)
- Disposal works fine, but DW is lifeless
- Tested DW at junction box w/multimeter (pos on white, neg on black) and got no reading
When removing the old DW I realized the cable (coming from directly behind the DW) was too short to pull the DW out. I didn't pull really hard, but it definitely got pulled a little. Hoping I didn't mess it up behind the wall. Anyone want to comment on the likelihood of that?
Checked and double checked my connections (black, white, ground) to make sure they're solid.
I have not hooked up the old DW to see if it still works. Was hoping to avoid that.
By the way it looks FANTASTIC! If only it could wash dishes with its good looks.
Any help would be greatly appreciated...