Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-25-2011, 11:21 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

No Power in bedroom

Hello there-

I have 2 bedrooms with no electricity, both bedrooms are connected by a bathroom (a sink on each side and a toilet and tub in the middle). One bedroom is not used and the other one is used daily it has a TV, VCR, portable air conditioner. The bathrooms and closets have electricity, only the bedrooms are without power. My husband and I checked the main circuit breaker in the garage and all the switches are on the "on" position. I then checked all of the GFI's in my home and all are on (the red light is on all of them) to be sure I re-stetted all the GFI's in the kitchen, bathroom and garage. I went to Lowe's and purchased a receptacle tester and some of the outlets in both bedrooms had a reading of hot/ground/reverse... I'm puzzled, please help! Is this something I can fix on my own without the help of an electrician?

Facts about my home...
This is the 1st time I have had any electrical issues in my home.
My home is 5 years old.
We are not currently doing any construction or installations.

Last edited by FoxyRoxy; 09-25-2011 at 11:26 PM. Reason: I forgot to add the age of my home.
FoxyRoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:18 AM   #2

No Power in bedroom

still under the New Home Guarantee?

I wouldn't discount a GFCI problem yet, and it could easily be a bad connection that has finally arced enough to quit working.

forresth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 04:03 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 8

No Power in bedroom

Too cheap to call an Electrical Expert?
bobelectric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 04:54 AM   #4

No Power in bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxyRoxy
Hello there-

I have 2 bedrooms with no electricity, both bedrooms are connected by a bathroom (a sink on each side and a toilet and tub in the middle). One bedroom is not used and the other one is used daily it has a TV, VCR, portable air conditioner. The bathrooms and closets have electricity, only the bedrooms are without power. My husband and I checked the main circuit breaker in the garage and all the switches are on the "on" position. I then checked all of the GFI's in my home and all are on (the red light is on all of them) to be sure I re-stetted all the GFI's in the kitchen, bathroom and garage. I went to Lowe's and purchased a receptacle tester and some of the outlets in both bedrooms had a reading of hot/ground/reverse... I'm puzzled, please help! Is this something I can fix on my own without the help of an electrician?

Facts about my home...
This is the 1st time I have had any electrical issues in my home.
My home is 5 years old.
We are not currently doing any construction or installations.
Maybe the breakers appear to be on to you. Turn each breaker off, then turn them back on. Oh yea, are your breakers arc fault breakers?
Sunny B. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gfi, no electricity in bedroom, no electricity in room, no power, receptacle