I had a over the stove microwave installed 2.5 years ago and it was working fine until a couple of weeks ago. I originally thought the problem was the control panel as the microwave would not go through the time entered on the control pad without shutting down but yesterday I discovered when the over shut down and did not turn back on that it was the electrical outlet that the installer added when they installed the oven. I changed the outlet but nothing happened. I also noticed that there was another outlet on the same wall in the kitchen that was dead as well. I guess he must have tied into that outlet for power. I check all my circuit breakers and they all look good. What would cause the 2 outlets to be dead? I do not understand why 2 outlets would be on a breaker by themselves.
A loose connection can cause a whole string of receptacle to go dead. You will nned to find out where the installer grabbed power from for the microwave. This receptacle may still work, but the outgoing connection is bad.
BTW, this microwave should have been on a circuit all by itself.
Answers based on the National Electrical Code. Local amendments may apply. Check with your local building officials.