No More Switch Loops - Does It Apply? - Electrical - Page 3 - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum


Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2012, 08:00 PM   #31
E2 Electrician
 
stickboy1375's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Litchfield, CT
Posts: 5,168
Rewards Points: 2,128
Default

No more switch loops - does it apply?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy Petey View Post
I love Remcons. Only thing is no one around me stocks them. I have to order 'em.
Check these out my friend....
http://ribrelays.com/p765/CLC212D15.htm


Advertisement

stickboy1375 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stickboy1375 For This Useful Post:
Speedy Petey (09-08-2012)
Old 09-07-2012, 10:48 PM   #32
Member
 
Msradell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Louisville Kentucky
Posts: 1,316
Rewards Points: 778
Default

No more switch loops - does it apply?


Quote:
Originally Posted by stickboy1375 View Post
Check these out my friend....
http://ribrelays.com/p765/CLC212D15.htm

I like the fact it has a timer to shut the light off in case the door is left open!
Msradell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:11 AM   #33
E2 Electrician
 
stickboy1375's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Litchfield, CT
Posts: 5,168
Rewards Points: 2,128
Default

No more switch loops - does it apply?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Msradell View Post
I like the fact it has a timer to shut the light off in case the door is left open!
Me too! the doors get left open all the time.
stickboy1375 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:54 PM   #34
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 979
Rewards Points: 502
Default

No more switch loops - does it apply?


Old thread revived.

Subsequent to the wise advice in this thread, I purchased a remcon relay for a closet light. That was the easy part. In the pictures are 2 magnet switches I purchased. One advertised as NO, the other as NC. But both switches have the same function, and I call them a NO switch, because the circuit is open when the magnet is AWAY from the switch.

Does anybody have a suggestion where I can buy a magnet switch which has a closed circuit when the magnet is AWAY from the switch, with confidence?

No more switch loops - does it apply?-image-3630264315.jpg
jlmran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:04 PM   #35
Electrical Contractor
 
kbsparky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Delmarva
Posts: 3,368
Rewards Points: 2,000
Default

No more switch loops - does it apply?


Radio Shack.
__________________
-KB

Life is uncertain -- eat dessert first!!
kbsparky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kbsparky For This Useful Post:
jlmran (01-25-2013)
Old 01-25-2013, 10:21 PM   #36
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cairns Australia
Posts: 2,721
Rewards Points: 2,402
Default

No more switch loops - does it apply?


Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmran View Post
Old thread revived.

Subsequent to the wise advice in this thread, I purchased a remcon relay for a closet light. That was the easy part. In the pictures are 2 magnet switches I purchased. One advertised as NO, the other as NC. But both switches have the same function, and I call them a NO switch, because the circuit is open when the magnet is AWAY from the switch.

Does anybody have a suggestion where I can buy a magnet switch which has a closed circuit when the magnet is AWAY from the switch, with confidence?

Attachment 64394

If what you say in the above post is correct,
And you already have a switch with N/O & N/C,
In your case you would use the N/C contacts !

Your switch can be used for either way depending
on which terminals you use on the switch.
dmxtothemax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:33 PM   #37
Licensed Electrical Cont.
 
Speedy Petey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NY State
Posts: 6,905
Rewards Points: 2,162
Default

No more switch loops - does it apply?


Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmran View Post
One advertised as NO, the other as NC. But both switches have the same function, and I call them a NO switch, because the circuit is open when the magnet is AWAY from the switch.
Then you obviously got sent one wrong switch.

Yes, Radio Shack may still have alarm contact switches.

Advertisement

__________________
Sometimes I feel like if I answer any more questions it is like someone trying to climb over a fence to jump off a bridge and me giving them a boost.
Answers based on the 2008 & 2011 NEC.
Speedy Petey is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wiring in a 4-way Switch RickSene Electrical 5 04-09-2013 08:25 PM
Generator Transfer Switch Trouble wgramer Electrical 23 11-12-2011 08:23 PM
Carrier Infinity 69 Trouble Code 42 bodya1 HVAC 4 12-05-2010 07:43 PM
Replacing a bathroom fan switch cmacjr22 Electrical 4 11-04-2008 07:14 PM




Top of Page | View New Posts