DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Electrical (
-   -   New Switch Needed (

MeserollD 05-25-2012 10:59 AM

New Switch Needed
2 Attachment(s)
Hey could anyone tell me what kind of switch this is? Its a switch to my attic fan. Itd be nice if I could get it fixed because it stopped working and summer is coming and that fan helps keep my house cold.

Techy 05-25-2012 11:54 AM

does the switch 'stay' in the position you leave it, or is it a 'momentary' style switch

But you have what appears to be a Single Pole, Double Throw, Center Off switch. Momentary contact or not is the only other variable, most electrical suppliers should be able to get their hands on one of these, I don't think you'll find one at the big box stores

MeserollD 05-25-2012 11:59 AM

It's stays in the position you flip it to. I've heard from my teacher that it's a 2 speed or something like that too? I go to school for electricity but have never worked on this kind of switch. Just wanted to ask others what they think it is.

Techy 05-25-2012 12:06 PM

What you are looking for is a 'Single Pole, Double Throw, Center Off, Maintained Contact' switch. Pass & Seymour Cat # 1221 for 15A, 1225 for 20A

+Color (IE '1221I')

Blank = Brown
I - Ivory
W - White
LA - Light Almond
GRY - Gray

MeserollD 05-25-2012 12:18 PM

Yeah that's the one. Where could I find one at?

Jim Port 05-25-2012 12:22 PM

Try an electrical supply house.

MeserollD 05-25-2012 12:39 PM

So I couldn't just get one from lowes or home depot?

Techy 05-25-2012 12:48 PM


Originally Posted by MeserollD (Post 928560)
So I couldn't just get one from lowes or home depot?

Not likely, not a very widely used switch.

MeserollD 05-25-2012 08:55 PM

Well thanks for the help guys!

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:28 PM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1