Need Similar Switch/remote Lutron IR Maestro - Electrical - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-29-2013, 05:13 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Need similar switch/remote Lutron IR Maestro

I already have this setup in my living room:

http://www.dimmers.net/fanlight.asp

This has been a wonderful purchase, we can not live without this setup, however for our bedroom reno this won't work. I'm looking for a similar setup but with a rocker switch instead.

Walking in and out a bedroom the tap switches are not easy to use or as quick. You can't whack the tap switch like on a decora rocker.

I can't find anything that solves this problem. Worst case we'll buy another Lutron.

*Please note the distinction with this remote/switch setup is the remote controls the wall switch which controls the light/fan. Those cheap remotes you see at the big box stores won't work like this.

Thanks for any help.

Advertisement

barbarino351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 08:46 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 154

Need similar switch/remote Lutron IR Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbarino351 View Post
Walking in and out a bedroom the tap switches are not easy to use or as quick. You can't whack the tap switch like on a decora rocker.
I would disagree. Every switch/dimmer in our house is a Lutron Maestro. Now ours are the full sized ones which may make a difference. The cool thing about them is that they are a toggle, so if they are on, just whacking it at the top, middle or bottom turns it off and vice versa.

If you are doing a full bedroom reno, take a look at the Radio RA 2 line. Gives you more control than from the handheld remote, plus gives you the base to automate all the lighting in your house.

Advertisement

herdfan is offline   Reply With Quote