DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Electrical (
-   -   Need new Panel Box covers (

herdfan 07-15-2012 10:14 PM

Need new Panel Box covers
for a Murray 200A panel c 1993. I have Googled this and searched but have not come up with any solutions.

As I am installed a generator, 16 or my circuits are getting moved to the ATS, so I have gaps. I really don't want to 1) use panel fillers, or 2) replace the entire panel.

I know Siemens acquired Murray, but can't find just their covers either.


Missouri Bound 07-15-2012 10:31 PM

It's very unlikely you will find a cover for your specific application. Will the missing breakers be at the bottom of the panel? (I'm assuming so) I've seen the local Rube Goldbergs make metal plates to cover gaps in the panels and secure them with self tappers. I don't know if it's "legal" and it may just affect the UL listing of the panel. But I have seen it done.
Guess that fall into the "better than nothin'" category.:laughing:

k_buz 07-15-2012 10:43 PM

You can buy breaker blanks. Cutler Hammer BR blanks will work for you.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:10 PM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.