DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Electrical (
-   -   need help with T-12 cap replacement! (

FishWomen 09-28-2012 09:08 PM

need help with T-12 cap replacement!
1 Attachment(s)
Bought a used aquarium, wired with four T-12 tubes and a ballast, over a 68 gallon tank. One of the pins in the tube bent/broke and the entire thing arched, and burned one of the round caps out. Of course, the unit won't even light when one bulb is out. I've been all over and can't find anyone who carries this part, as it has no manufactuer name, and is/must be very specialized. I'm desperate to get my lights in the tank up and running. Does anyone have one of these I can buy - or know where to get it. Thanks much!


Oso954 09-29-2012 01:29 AM

Try calling UV lighting International 800-435-7779.

Those look like their water proof end caps.

FishWomen 09-29-2012 12:40 PM

Thank you! I'll call them on Monday. :thumbup:

Yes, they have that ring and gasket, that will keep water out.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:45 AM.