Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-27-2007, 10:41 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Need advice about tennis court lights

I have a tennis and basketball court outside. Well...someone took the lights down at some point. It was buit in the 30's so they are long gone. There are 4 poles. Anyway, I ran a new 220V/40A supply out there and cant decide if I should go halogen or metal vapor. Does anyone else have a court and know what type of lighting you have? i thought about 4 metal vapor or 8 halogen...not sure what is brighter.

bonedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 09:57 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 500

Devoe Lighting Corporation 527 Main Street
Belleville, NJ 07019 Tel: (201) 450-4200
The best tennis court lighting you will find.

Know your spacing and mounting heights then give them a call.

Big Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 04:15 PM   #3
" Euro " electrician

Rewards Points: 2,000

the type of lumiaire soure will depending on how often you will use.

if you only used for very short time the Halogen will be fine and the typical haogen color is somehow a little more whiter than standard indestcent bulb type and most halogen bulb life useally range from 2,000 to 4,000 hours

the wattage of each halogen are petty much standard they are 300,500,1000,1250,1500 watts the 300 and 500 watters are useally on 120 volts the larger one useally wired for 208 or 240 also 277 [ the 277 is resvered for commercal location only ] and also the larger halogen bulbs are very votage specfically so when you replace them make sure you have excat same voltage as old one is.

but if you used for pretty long period of time then Metal Halide willbe better choice they are far more brighter than Halgoen are and also the bulb life is far much longer to boot
they come in pretty wide wattage choice and colour tempture rating which it can match pretty close to simuair to the flourscent colour

the bulb life can run anywhere from 12000 to 20000 hours but it depend on wattage and how often you used it as well

the main thing you should get the lighting designer invold on this one because there are few sisuation they have to know before they will pick the correct one for your useage and check the post as well some are not at right hight as well

really i can tell you the wattage of the lumiaires but i do not know how big this is a single tennis/ basketball court and what is the surrounding area and also have to condering the " spill light " and few other things that why i rather let the lighting designers help you with this to get the proper one

if i see it myself i can tell you the answer right on the spot but unforetally my eyes at not at your place.

thanks

Merci , Marc
frenchelectrican is offline   Reply With Quote