DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (http://www.diychatroom.com/)
-   Electrical (http://www.diychatroom.com/f18/)
-   -   My riding mower (http://www.diychatroom.com/f18/my-riding-mower-72904/)

BABYGIRL44 06-05-2010 01:36 PM

My riding mower
 
Why would the covering over the battery wirers melt.

brric 06-05-2010 03:11 PM

Are you sure it's not corrosion? Try some baking soda and water followed by a water rinse.

Yoyizit 06-05-2010 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BABYGIRL44 (Post 451623)
Why would the covering over the battery wirers melt.

If it's over the whole length it's due to high fault currents flowing. If it's only at the terminals it's bad connections which cause heat when current flows.
What gauge/diameter wire is it?

forresth 06-05-2010 08:26 PM

your wire is shorted, or possibly just way over charging

J. V. 06-06-2010 10:24 AM

Loose connections cause insulation to fail. Overheating anyone?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:05 PM.


Copyright 2003-2014 Escalate Media LP. All Rights Reserved