Murray Breakers In Siemens Panel - Electrical - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-06-2012, 04:04 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 25

Murray breakers in Siemens panel

I know that unless stated in the load center you cannot mix and match. I know Murray breakers work fine in a Siemens load center but according to my research that would fail inspection.

So i was reading the load center info printed on the inside of the door. It expressly states that "You must use breakers manufactured by Siemens"

Well the Murray breaker I bought from Home depot says right on the side, "manufactured by Siemens"

In any case, I'm returning the breaker and getting one that says "Siemens". Is there an office word on this? I know technically it works fine but is it still a code violation?

Advertisement

AdamBNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:12 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 25

Murray breakers in Siemens panel

Nevermind, got my answer. Can't do it.

Advertisement

AdamBNYC is offline   Reply With Quote