Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-20-2010, 12:39 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

motion light problem

i have three motion lights on one switch in my garage. when i turn on the switch at least on will always stay constant on even during the day, they all have their own photo cells and motion sensors. i have tryed turning them on during the day, fliping ON & OFF the switch random number of times but i still have one light on... any suggestions would help.

PS this is a rent house so i am not trying to rewire everything thanks

monstermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:51 AM   #2
" Euro " electrician

Rewards Points: 2,000

motion light problem

Let start basic first did you double check the switch setting on the motion sensor ?? I know if you set on test mode it will come on and will go off in short time at anytime either day or nite time.

If the switch is on the timmed mode like X numbers of minutes to turn off you may want to check the sensor lens sometime you get a debries or something to make it stuck on.

If that not the case sometime you may have pintched wiring in the junction box so turn the circuit for this luminaire off first then unscrew the luminaire and double check the connection is they are good.

If that the case if all are good then your sensor is pretty much shot and most motion sensors I know the cheaper verison just can not take the surge so they will burn out as soon a nice surge hit them but sometime a quick swat on it useally can get the relay unstuck but most likey it pretty much toasted.

I know you mention rental so before you do any repair or anything on this one run this one by landlord first to get his permisson to get this fix otherwise the Landlord will have to call in the electrician to come out and deal with it.

Merci.
Marc

frenchelectrican is offline   Reply With Quote