DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Electrical (
-   -   material for goosneck lamps (

sweatshirtbrigade 03-08-2007 07:01 PM

material for goosneck lamps
Hey guys, quick question.
I am starting a lighting project in my spare time and I was curious if any of you guys know the what the bending material on gooseneck lamps is called(check picture). If any of you guys know what it is called/where I could buy it that would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum and thanks in advance.

jwhite 03-09-2007 05:02 AM

They are called tubing benders. Usually they are specific to the type of tubing you are bending and size.

Sizes for common benders are trade size not the actual size that you can measure with your ruler so it can be confusing to find the right one, but If you have say 1/4 in tubing for example then you need a 1/4 inch bender.

Most benders come with a pre defined radius. If you are building lamps you will want to decide your own radius. I suggest spring type bender that slides inside the tubing. Then you can shape the tubing by hand and pull the spring out last. I cant remember the name for that particular style bender, but they are available on the net and at plumbing supply houses.

BigJimmy 03-11-2007 12:55 PM

From the picture, it looks like this lamp has a flexible neck. If so, try the following website:

Good luck,

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:22 PM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1