Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-02-2011, 03:01 PM   #1

Share |
Smile

mast relocation regulations

hi there,
we are doing a long term renovation on our small home with an addition both out back and out front. we are doing in slowly a step at a time out of pocket money, so it is slow but steady. presently we are working on closing in our back padio to become our livingroom. we are putting in electric heaters and or course lights and plugs. the service may need to be upgraded from a 150 to 200 amp service to allow these extras but we may be able the barely pass the inspection electrically speaking. when we build out front we will definatelly need to upgrade the service plus get the mast moved because it is in the front of the house where our new entrance way will be. my question is about mast location. if we change the panel now to a 200 amp. service we have to pay for disconnect. I have heard it is $1500.oo. then later when we build out front we have to pay another disconect to move the mast. so i want to know if i do both now with one disconect is it okay to have my mast located on the corner of the existing house and then when we build a ten foot addition to the front of the house the mast will then be located 10 ft. back on the side of the house. i tried to research codes on the net but all i could find was mainly hieght related stuff. all the picture showed the masts at the corner of the houses. (is there a spell check on this page?) thanks in advance for any help.
p.s. location b.c. canada

brendarae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:30 AM   #2

I am thinking your biggest worry will be the distance from your new mast location to the load center.

PoleCat is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PoleCat For This Useful Post:
brendarae (04-03-2011)
Old 04-03-2011, 09:34 AM   #3

It doesn't sound like a problem to me. A call to your POCO would probably answer the question quickly.
brendarae (04-03-2011)