DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Martec or Hunter Pacific Brand Fans (Australia)

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  jen.c 
#1 ·
Hi all, hoping some electricians/electrical savvy people can help me.

I have been to a couple of different fan places in person and also looked on line with peoples reviews and discussions and I am really confused. I am looking at either purchasing the Martec Cyclone fans or the Hunter Pacific Typhoon fans but not sure which one to lean towards. I basically want a decent brand which will give me very minimal hassles or problems for a few years. I know the Hunter Pacific offer 2 year in house warranty with a 5 year motor warranty whilst Martec offer a 3 year in house warranty with 5 years on the motor. All I want is fans that are balanced well (hate seeing them wobble all the time, think they are going to fall off), and are fairly quiet (hate having tick, tick noises). Thought if there was any electricians who install these brands/deal with warranty issues etc with these might be able to help me out. Or are they a much of a muchness. I am replacing Mercator brand fans and will look at either the Martec or Hunter Pacific brand in the 130cm brushed chrome style with either a 22 or 23 degree pitch and 4 blades.

Advice would be appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.