Originally Posted by spiral
The breaker was upped 2 years ago. I will get the electric company involved.
It might be faulty.
Main breaker is 60A 100Volts. No idea as for the electric load calculation.
Thanks for the reply.
60A is pretty small for a 4 apartment dwelling. A couple microwaves, a toaster oven or two, and a hair dryer could easily pop that breaker every morning.
Scuba Dave picked up on the same thing as I did, as soon as you said "The main breaker is big enough." a big red flag went up. Without a load calculation or a lot of experience in the matter, you can't determine whether it is big enough or not.
In most areas the power company will tell you to talk to an electrician since this matter is on your side of the meter. I would look at either an overload (too much current is being drawn) or a short circuit. Talking to your tenants first is your best bet.