I am confused about the current carrying capacity of copper magnet wire.
My alternator stator has 13 gauge wire that, according to my chart, has a rating or 10.357 max amps. My alternator is rated at 105 amps. What am I missing?
In the alternator the magnet wire has a good enough insulation to not burn up and short circuit given the heat given off during the current generation process and heat fromt he nearby engine. The magnet wire is short enough in length that the volts dropped still leaves enough (12) to power the equipment in the car.
Magnet wire insulation (enamel) is not meet code to allow magnet wire to be strung through walls or conduits in a building in place of THHN or whatever.
Do you get coverage you can count on? From the bag of fertilizer? From your lawn sprinklers?