DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Looking for a push button for garbage disposal

10K views 28 replies 10 participants last post by  williswires 
#1 ·
Hi all. I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I can find a push button to use for my garbage disposal? Most of the time, garbage disposals are wired to a switch somewhere on the wall near the sink. I'd prefer just to have a small button to push that I can mount into the front side of my sink cabinet.

Ideally I'd like to push the button to turn it on and push to turn it off (instead of just holding it down to run). Does anyone know where I can find something like this?

#13 ·
Garbage Disposal Momentary 15A wall switch at Menard's in the wall switch section...about $6.00 ea.
Let me know if you need a picture.

#15 · (Edited)
#19 ·
These are NOT light switches...these are momentary...only closed when pressure is applied...strictly for garbage disposals.

#22 ·
I give up.

Well, like I said earlier, McMaster-Carr is where I buy stuff like what you are wanting...cheap and quick.

#24 ·
Please don't consider using a NON-MOMENTARY switch for a disposal either...metal or not.

Bye now...I'm going to go reinvent the wheel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.