Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical


Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-12-2007, 11:54 PM   #1
Posts: n/a
Share |

Long run

can any one tell me how i can find out what size cable ill need to run power to my shed from my house
the shed is approx 110m from our pole and im wanting to run 6 power points + one for a 140amp stick welder + 1 for a compressor 3. 5hp and 6X 3 foot fluro tubes the 3.5 hp compressor is still only single phase and thats all i want down there i want it underground out of the way

Last edited by Harold; 07-12-2007 at 11:59 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 01:04 PM   #2
Stubbie's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 4,981

Long run

Harold something tells me your not in the USA. What is the input amps of the welder and the running amps off the name plate of the motor for the compressor. What voltage do these operate at?


Stubbie is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How long can the felt last Hay1966 Roofing/Siding 10 07-07-2008 04:55 PM
How long until tiles can have heavy traffic? leted_82 Flooring 2 07-31-2007 06:10 PM
How much load can a 20' long 2x8 support? GrdLock Building & Construction 9 06-29-2007 11:15 AM
How long should A/C take to cool house? AllGoNoShow HVAC 2 06-17-2007 07:01 PM
Long range HVAC planning. dalesd HVAC 2 02-23-2006 12:37 PM

Top of Page | View New Posts

Copyright © 2003-2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.