Limit Switch For Garage Door - Electrical - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-16-2007, 01:40 PM   #1
spc

Rewards Points: 10

Limit Switch for Garage Door

I am going to be wiring a new shop and I am going to be installing can lights. I want to put one over the garage door so when it is down I will be able to see. What I am looking for is a 110-15A limit switch that turns off the can light when the garage door is up and turns it on when it is down. Can someone direct me to a site and let me know what the correct switch is?

Thanks.

Steve.

Advertisement

spc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 09:41 PM   #2
Kyle Emerick

Rewards Points: 75

Limit Switch for Garage Door

I used Allen Bradley brand limit switches like these here (the one with the long arm) on the machine tools I used to build:

http://web3.automationdirect.com/adc...Limit_Switches

Positioned correctly it work great for your application. I only showed this link as it was the first one I came across with a price. Searching ebay yields all kinds of comparable switches.

Per your application, this would be my pick: http://cgi.ebay.com/LIMIT-SWITCHES-T...QQcmdZViewItem

Advertisement