Lightbox - Digital Timer - Electrical - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-15-2012, 03:39 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Lightbox - Digital Timer

I am building a exposure unit (lightbox) for tshirt printing (this will actually be my third one, hoping that this one will be exactly how I want it).

My problem: I can't find a timer that is able to set seconds and once the time is on, it will shut off the light box.

Can anyone help me find a 120v timer that does seconds? I will most likely be setting it from anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes.

Advertisement

mcrubbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:29 PM   #2
Too Short? Cut it Again!

Rewards Points: 2,000

Lightbox - Digital Timer

Spent many years in a photographic darkroom. We had timers to control the enlarger heads and exposure. Big clunky things you could see in the dark. Worked down to seconds with incredible accuracy.

Any reason one would not work for you? I actually trusted the analog ones more than the newer digital ones.

Search for enlarger or photographic darkroom timers. There is a pro photographer shop near me that will have such things if you hit a snag.

Happy to play middleman if you tell me more about the tshirt business. I am doing some nice ones with digital printing but know a person in the middle of nowhere with a six color silkscreen press wanting to do fine arts quality shirts. He may never get on with it though. He built it but has never put it to use. Can you? I will buy you the damned timer if that is all that is stopping you.

I will certainly not let you pay $100 for one. Will check eBay in a moment and also know somebody that may have one willing to loan. If your shirts are at all cool.

But check this out. It gives you the general idea of how an analog one looks and works.

http://www.adorama.com/GL300.html?ut...rce=adl-google

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...All-Categories

I cannot believe a newer, digital darkroom timer would go for anywhere near. It comes down to appearance though. Having a good analog one could make you look more than cool.

Advertisement

Last edited by user1007; 02-15-2012 at 05:35 PM.
user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:33 PM   #3

Lightbox - Digital Timer

I think I have found it guys.. I called in and asked about it, they said it has 2% accuracy (What is that?). They said this one will work just fine (It can be set from 1sec to 24hours): http://beverlyhillselectric.stores.y...et/ei400c.html

And sure I can print 6 color shirts, depending on the design though.
(I don't have a few programs that I need in order to print simulated process, like $1200)

I don't know about analog timers, but maybe I can find a cool one

Last edited by mcrubbin; 02-15-2012 at 05:40 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:45 PM   #4
Too Short? Cut it Again!

Rewards Points: 2,000

Lightbox - Digital Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrubbin View Post
I think I have found it guys.. I called in and asked about it, they said it has 2% accuracy (What is that?). They said this one will work just fine (It can be set from 1sec to 24hours): http://beverlyhillselectric.stores.y...et/ei400c.html

And sure I can print 6 color shirts, depending on the design though.
(I don't have a few programs that I need in order to print simulated process, like $1200)

I don't know about analog timers, but maybe I can find a cool one
Lost you in this. My friend has the software and a six color silk screen press. Meaning six screens loaded at once.

Good luck. I thought you were looking for a real timer and not a toy wall switch. Was almost tempted to grab the digital darkroom timer for $24 or whatever. Auction closes in minutes.
user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:49 PM   #5

Lightbox - Digital Timer

I have a six color press and I print six color designs, but I'm not able to print shirts like these (yes, that's screenprinting) because I don't have the software (worth $1200).

And why would I need an expensive timer or whatever when all I need is to shutoff my lightbox at the set time?