hello, I am hoping you can help out.
Issue: circuit blowing with switch in place
wiring in use is 12-2
1- light (front post light) (2-25 watt bulbs)
1-photcell (for post light)
1 - 500watt halogen
1-switch (for halogen)
15 amp breaker
all components connect at one juntion box
post light - hot\neutral to hot\neutral of circuit
All neutrals together
If I run both lights directly from the circuit I have no issues at all
With the switch for the halogen light in place the circuit blows within 30 seconds
The switch for the halogen seems to be the problem area I just dont know why
I have changed the halogen switch
I have changed the photocell
I have change the wiring from the switch to the junction
thanks for any help!
Disconnect the halogen light at the fixture. Cap off the wires.
Restore power, and try the switch again. Does it trip?
If so, something is bad in your wiring.
If not, then you may have a bad fixture.
Or you could have a bad/weak breaker.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:51 AM.|
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.