Light Fixture On Ceiling - Electrical - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-06-2010, 06:44 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

light fixture on ceiling

I took the light fixture on the ceiling down and replaced it. I put the wires back in the junction box and screwed the fixture back in place. The wires in the junction box put a slight downward force on the fixture. I am hoping that the 4 wood screws holding the junction box won't be affected by the wires in the junction box. I am not going to worry about this. Just wondering if it's even a problem. I guess the switch on the wall can always cut the circuit so light won't be a fire hazard.

Advertisement

richard7994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 07:10 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 201

light fixture on ceiling

i would go back in. personally. when i am installing wires and am preparing to close the box up, i put a "pre-bend" in the wires so that they fold in as i push whatever device it is. this has always worked for me. those solid wires can be very stiff if hitting them head on.

Advertisement

TimPa is offline   Reply With Quote