Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-08-2009, 07:54 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

leviton vizia dimmers

I am wiring a kitchen and dining room that is being remodeled. The person that I am doing the job for purchased several Leviton Vizia dimmers that were on sale at Home Depot. I successfully installed one of these dimmers in a 3-way configuration with a compatible remote. After looking at the instructions I noticed that there may be a problem with at least two other 3way light circuits since I wired them so that the power comes from the light fixture to the first 3way switch. According to the instructions for the Vizia dimmer (VZM-10--1LW) and remote (VZ00R-1-LX) they must be wired (in a three-way setup) with the power coming into the remote with the load wired to the dimmer. Does anyone have any experience or information on wiring these Vizia dimmers in either three-way configurations or single-pole circuits where the power is coming from the load (light fixture)? I would appreciate any help on this. Thank you. Tom R

Thomas Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 08:40 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 75

leviton vizia dimmers

How are you hooking it up now?

from Leviton's web site i got the manual for vrm10-1lx and it looks like it should be wired:

The hot (black) should run through the light box, and go to the dimmer and remote.
The neutral (white) should connect to the neutral terminal of the light and go to the dimmer and remote.
Your traveler (red) should go between the dimmer and remote, and from the dimmer to the light.

Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 06:16 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

leviton vizia dimmers

Thanks Silver I will try this wiring configuration. I too looked at the web site but they give no specifics or alternative wiring schematics or diagrams showing the load (light fixture) and power as one and the same.
Thomas Rice is offline   Reply With Quote