LED Dimmable Ceiling Fan Remote Kits? - Electrical - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-20-2014, 12:24 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

LED dimmable ceiling fan remote kits?

Summary: I want to find a ceiling fan remote control kit that works with dimmable LEDs.

In my house the above table dining room lighting is 2 wire. Given the distance and positioning of the switch, getting a 3 wire fished is pretty impossible short of opening the walls.

So I want to use a remote control for the ceiling fan. I do not want to replace the wall switch as it's a distinctive style.

So that leaves me with in-fan remote control. We have a specific fan picked out, but it does not have remote control capabilities built in.

So now I'm looking at 3rd party kits.

I want to use LED bulbs in the lighting, but seem to be having a really hard time finding add-on remote control kits that are LED dimmable compatible.

Do they make these yet? Given how long LEDs have been on the market, I didn't expect this to be hard to find.

Thanks.

Advertisement

TheKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 01:56 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,532

LED dimmable ceiling fan remote kits?

I am assuming you are talking about a fan made for Incandescent bulbs and you intend to use LED replacement (edison base) bulbs with the remote.

Some people have good luck with this. Others have problems that range from short life of the LED's, LED's flashing when off, LED's strobing when on, or LED's just not lighting.

I would call the fan MFG and talk to the service dept. about that particular model and your intent. They may have product recommendations or may advise against it.

You have 3 sets of electronic components: the remote, the wattage limiter and the LED drivers. Sometimes they do not play well together.

Advertisement

Oso954 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
ceiling fan , dimmable , led , remote control