DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Electrical (
-   -   LED Ballast (

dnote 09-12-2012 08:07 AM

LED Ballast
Hello, can anyone assist in providing a good source of which to obtain a replacement for the following ballast? This is for an 89w LED system.

I've found the following product although i am unsure if this is the correct socket type. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

mpoulton 09-12-2012 11:53 AM

It looks electrically compatible. If the connector is wrong, just cut the connector off the old one and install it on the new one.

dnote 09-12-2012 06:56 PM

I think i may do this, OEM unit lasted me less than 2 years and costs twice the price at $143. I just wanted to be assured this ballast will work.

mpoulton 09-13-2012 12:16 AM

It doesn't appear to be a ballast. LED's need a constant current DC driver, which is sometimes called a ballast by analogy to the ballast used for a gas discharge lamp which serves a similar function. This does not do the same thing. This appears to be a plain DC power supply. The "ballast" part (constant current driver) would be in the fixture that is powered by this DC power supply.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:27 PM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1